SCIENTIFIC AND PEDAGOGICAL SCHOOL SPECIALIZING IN DEVELOPMENT AND IMPROVEMENT OF ENERGY EFFICIENT AND RESOURCE SAVING TECHNOLOGIES USED IN CULTIVATING GRAIN CROPS AND SOME LEGUMINOUS PLANTS
Head of the scientific school – Vassily Kochurko, doctor of agriculture, professor, rector of the institution of education "Baranovichi State University"
Department of Natural Sciences.
Major areas of scientific research conducted within the framework of the school:
- Development of energy efficient and resource-saving technologies used in cultivating grains, which make it possible to receive 10 tons of grain per hectare.
- Improvement of technologies used in cultivating grains and some leguminous plants.
- Development of a package of agrotechnical measures which make it possible to receive grains of winter crops with high protein and gluten content.
School membership: 1 full doctor, 4 Ph.Ds, 2 post graduate students.
Basic scientific results obtained over the last 5 years:
- Recommendations have been made on how to use nitrogen fertilizers on winter triticale.
- The influence of the forecrop on crop capacity and productivity components of winter triticale earing has been estimated.
- Recommendations have been made on how to use retardants on winter triticale.
- A system of applying nitrogen fertilizers on winter wheat has been worked out. The optimum time periods of winter wheat sowing and their influence on the grain quality have been defined.
SCIENTIFIC AND PEDAGOGICAL SCHOOL
"SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL FUNDAMENTALS OF MANUFACTURING AND HARDENING OF HIGH-LOADED COMPONENTS OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING AND TOOLS"
Head of the scientific school – Alexander Alifanov, Doctor of engineering, professor, professor of the department of equipment and production automation
Department of equipment and production automation
Major areas of scientific research conducted within the school:
- development of a tool for cold forming of steel products based on the nature of the plastic expiration of the processed material;
- development of design and manufacturing methods in bimetal performance with the use of hot extrusion;
- development of materials and manufacturing methods of cutting inserts for metal and wood working based on oxide and suboxide aluminum ceramics and hot-deformed modified white iron;
- hardening processing of steel products (both hardened and green) of spherical, cylindrical and flat form with the use of magnetoimpulse effects;
- development of equipment for magnetoimpulse hardening of steel products;
- reinforcing magnetoimpulse processing of vacuum coating and hardening of the surface layers on steel products;
- development of combined high-energy hardening methods of general-purpose components operating under conditions of impact loads and heavy wear.
School membership: 1 Doctor of Sciences; 6 Candidates of Sciences; 1 doctoral candidate; 6 graduates.
Basic scientific results obtained over the last 5 years:
A new high-energy method of hardening treatment of steel products, hardened as well as green, based on magnetoimpulse treatment, was developed for the first time in the Republic of Belarus. Special magnetoimpulse installation and indicators, making it possible to carry out hardening treatment for products of cylindrical and flat form, were designed and produced.
It was found that under the influence of magnetoimpulse field hardened layer is formed with thickness up to 70 micrometers in the surface layer of steel samples of structural and tool steel (depending on the process conditions and steel grade), consisting of fine-dispersed mixture of ferrite, pearlite and cementite.
The physical and mathematical model of magnetopulse strengthening treatment was developed that explains the mechanism of grain refinement on the basis of the heat, strain and magnetostrictive phenomena. There were hardened pilot batches of wood-cutting blades of steel 8ХВ and Х6НFТ that underwent trial tests on wood-processing enterprises of the Republic and have shown resistance exceeding the resistance of the same blades but non- blades up to 3 times during the processing of products made of pine (JSC “Baranovichidrev”) and more than 1.5 time during the processing of products made of oak and ash (UE “Mebelnaya fabrika “Laguna”). Combined method of hardening treatment of products including vacuum coating and magnetopulse treatment was also developed for the first time.
It is found that as a result of magnetopulse treatment of hardened steel samples whose surface is preliminarily hardened by vacuum deposition method, sealing of spray coating occurs, the diffusion processes of atoms penetration of the coating material into the basis are activated, which leads to the increase in coating hardness, the improvement of its adhesive bonds with the basis, the increase of the depth of hardened layer and as a result - an increase in strength and durability of the coating. Testing of wood-cutting blades of steel 65G, hardened by the combined method (vacuum deposition + MIT) at JSC "Baranovichidrev" in the processing of products from pine showed that their resistance has increased 5.9 times as compared with non-hardened blades.
Theoretical and technological fundamentals of producing high-strength bimetallic end cutting tool with application of hot plastic deformation, which saves a lot of expensive high-alloy steel, were developed.
The results obtained were published in the following scientific works:
- The collective monograph: Advanced Materials and Technologies / Vitebsk: EE "VSTU", 2013. - 655 p. // A.V.Alifanov, J.A.. Popova, N.M. Tsionenko.- Chapter 25, p. 520-542.
- The collective monograph: Advanced technologies / Vitebsk: EE "VSTU." - 599 p. // A.V.Alifanov, A.M.Milyukova.- Chapter 13, "Resource-saving technology for producing bimetallic billets of end cutting tool with hot plastic deformation", p. 286-319.
- Alifanov, A.V. Magnetopulse hardening processing of structural and tool steels / A.V.Alifanov, A.V. Akulov, J. A. Popova, A.S. Demyanchik // Casting and metallurgy. 2012. №3 - p. 87-92.
- Alifanov, A.V. Increasing wear resistance of wood-cutting blades by hardening magnetopulse treatment / A.V. Alifanov, J. A. Popova, A.S. Demyanchik // Vestnik of the Brest State Technical University. - 2012, №4. - p.9-12.
- Alifanov, A.V. Hardening of wood-cutting blades by combined method of magnetopulse treatment and vacuum coating / Vestnik of BarSU. A series of "Physics and mathematics. technics. "- 2013. - Edition 1 (4). - p.38-43.