STUDENT SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
Student scientific research is the most important component in training high skilled specialists, capable of working in the new economic conditions.
The university is committed to the introduction of new research-based educational technologies into study process, which allow not only to improve the efficiency of student scientific research, but also ensure a solution to a number of tasks of principle importance for the university, of which the main are:
- search for new forms of participation in and training students in scientific creative work;
- ensuring students’ active participation in scientific and technical as well as in scientifiс and industrial conferences;
- actively recruiting students for engineering and design activities, labour-saving and inventive work;
- putting on regular exhibitions of student scientific and technical creativity;
- assisting in introduction and wide use in the national economy of the newest advances in science and technology, inventions, labour-saving proposals and developments made by both individuals and creative youth teams;
- providing multidisciplinary training and sufficiently high level of specialist knowledge;
- ensuring a high level of fundamental knowledge acquired by students while conducting scientific research;
- effective training of highly skilled in-house professionals for BarSU’s educational and scientific structural units;
- significant reduction in the cost of scientific research and R&D.
The subject areas of student scientific research are determined by both the subject areas of the state-financed scientific research conducted by the university under the tasks of the National Academy of Sciences and branch ministries, and by a Book of Tasks set to the university by industries in Baranovichi region.
The forms of recruiting students for scientific research are quite various, but the most effective and popular are:
- laboratory practicals performed with elements of scientific research as well as writing term papers and graduation theses;
- participation in intercollegiate, national and international theoretical-and-practical conferences, exhibitions, competitions and olympiads;
- scientific research conducted during hands-on practical training;
- scientific research conducted at student creative associations.
There is a possibility for young researchers to present their findings and test their scientific research through participation in seminars, conferences, forums and exhibitions at different levels.